Come join our winning team at Medical Eyeglass Center… The trusted name in optical dispensary development for over 20 years. We are searching for an enthusiastic Optical Associate for our growing Colorado market in the Colorado Springs area.
As our Optical Associate, you will provide extraordinary service and high quality patient care while filling eyeglass prescriptions under the MEC treatment plan mindset.
- Take ownership of all optical (eyeglass + contact lens) sales and dispensing activities including but not limited to optical measurements, adjustments and repairs.
- Assist patients in frame and lens selection.
- Complete and process all sales orders promptly and accurately using MEC’s point of sales system.
- Process billing and verification of insurance information. Provide patients covered by third party insurance with precise information on their benefits.
- Adhere to privacy, confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Ensure the proper maintenance of patient files in Compulink software.
· Strong organization and communication skills
· Use of persuasive sales and handling techniques
· Familiar with Compulink Advantage Software a plus
· Comfortable with computers
· Optical Experience: 1+ years
· Customer Service Experience: 1+ years
If you are motivated to learn and grow with us, we encourage you to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
Education: School Diploma or GED equivalent (Required)
Experience: Optical sales and dispensing: 2 years (Preferred)
COVID 19 Vaccination required due to healthcare setting
Work Location: One location