Become a part of the team at Medical Eyeglass Center…The trusted name in optical dispensary development in the Boston area.
Apprentice under our skilled licensed opticians to learn your new career path as a licensed, dispensing optician in Massachusetts.
This position will act as a liaison between our customers and professional staff to provide maximum efficiency in providing high quality care in the process of filling eyeglass prescriptions under the treatment plan mindset.
- Provide Support to the location by greeting and offering assistance and information to our customers
- Provide customers covered by third party insurance with accurate information on their benefits
- Processing, billing and verification of insurance information
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA)
- Assist customers in frame and lens selection
- Ensure the proper maintenance of patient files in CompuLink software
- Work through applicable apprenticeship program under the supervision of the Licensed Optician
- Assist opticians with optical measurements, adjustments and repairs
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Bilingual abilities desired (not required)
- Basic keyboarding skills and some experience with Word, Excel and an aptitude to learn and apply new software applications quickly
- Exceptional customer service skills and great personality
- Great work ethic and takes pride in their work
- Customer Service Experience Preferred
- Detail oriented and organized
- Enjoys talking to people and has a positive attitude